I currently use Affinity Photo and Design on a Surface Book running Windows 10 Pro.  I'm even a beta tester for Affinity Page.  What I don't understand is why there's no support for Android tablets like there is for iPads.  I asked this question directly to a support person and they indicated that the primary reason was iOs and the Metal Technology utilised in the iPad version of Affinity Photo.

My response was the following, "As for Apple's Metal Technology, take a look at Vulkan for Android. It was created by the same people who created OpenGL and it essentially does the same thing on Android that Metal does on iOS."  I'm not a developer and my analysis could be wrong but I thought I'd bring this discussion to the community and see what you guys think.

I'm a Windows, Linux and Android user.  Apple and its iOS products are not a part of my ecosystem or workflow and never will be.  I really like the Affinity products but would like to see Android support on products like the Samsung Tab which is a great Android tablet with wonderful graphic capabilities.

Cheers,
---

Dadisi Olutosin
Creative Director, C E | PHOTOGRAPHY
M: 202.596.9436
E: chefseyephotography@gmail.com
IG: @chefseyephotography
W: https://chefseyephotography.zenfolio.com

"The guy who takes a chance, who walks the line between the known and unknown, who is unafraid of failure, will succeed" - Gordon Parks

Affinity Store: Designer 1.7.2.471, Photo 1.7.2.471, Publisher 1.7.2.471.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.295.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.

Yea we want it! I Use a Huawei M5 Pro - and its so better than a IPad Pro what i have here.

And what is, no Support from Serif.
I Hope so its come Version for Android Users! Psenda, you post its from 2016. And we Have 2019.

54 minutes ago, mbaruschke said:

Yea we want it! I Use a Huawei M5 Pro - and its so better than a IPad Pro what i have here.

And what is, no Support from Serif.
I Hope so its come Version for Android Users! Psenda, you post its from 2016. And we Have 2019.

At this point, I'm less concerned with Android support and more concerned with DAM and cataloging abilities.  For about the same price of a high-end Android tablet I can pick up a Microsoft Surface Pro or Surface Book, the tablet only and my editing issues on a mobile device are handled.  My main driver is a 1st gen Surface Book and I'm about to pick up another to use as a tablet travel companion for tethered onsite shoots.  I use Darktable as my raw file ready and DAM solution.  It's free and works as good as Lightroom in my view.

Cheers,
---

Dadisi Olutosin
Creative Director, C E | PHOTOGRAPHY
M: 202.596.9436
E: chefseyephotography@gmail.com
IG: @chefseyephotography
W: https://chefseyephotography.zenfolio.com

"The guy who takes a chance, who walks the line between the known and unknown, who is unafraid of failure, will succeed" - Gordon Parks

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mbaruschke said:

you post its from 2016. And we Have 2019

You would certainly find a more up-to-date statement, it has been discused repeatedly, so just search.

For example:

Edited by Pšenda

Affinity Store: Designer 1.7.2.471, Photo 1.7.2.471, Publisher 1.7.2.471.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.295.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.

Ideally, Affinity for Android would come for free with data mining and targeted advertising included. :)

Affinity Photo/Affinity Designer/Affinity Publisher | macOS 10.14 Mojave | MBP13 2013

1 hour ago, RNKLN said:

Ideally, Affinity for Android would come for free with data mining and targeted advertising included. :)

But we could subscribe to have those turned off. [winkey face emoticon]

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458

There is one simple reason. Android is freeware, so not paid by Apple and therefore the developers won't make it. Exactly same reason why it's not on Linux. 

Adobe listens to its users and gives them what they want, no matter what os or brand they use. 

And I know this message won't be published, because it is the truth and isn't all wonders.