You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some vertical images placed in picture frames are rotated

Hi,

after we have installed the newest version of Affinity Publisher, some vertical images that I want to place in picture frames, are rotated. In the included images you can see, that I have prepared 6 same vertical picture frames and I inserted 6 vertical images. However,  only 3 are inserted correctly, the other 3 are rotated. Is it a bug or have I done something wrong in the settings? All horizontal images are placed correctly. Please help.Thank you.

Inserted images.JPG

Inserting vertical images.JPG

1 hour ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @Ladi,

Welcome to the forums. 

Sounds like a bad exif data to me. Can you please zip the file and attach it here? 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Hi Gabe, I have just edited my post. It turns out it is very unpredictable - some vertical images are place correctly, while the majority is not. I have no clue. I was preparing an album last week and everything was working fine. However, it looks like after we have installed the newest version, things started to work badly. I have included the images from the above example. Thanks for your attention.

Test_Affinity_Publisher.zip

As you can see, when pasting vertical images, they are all rotated 90 degrees to the left even before they are inserted in the picture frames (all are rotated to the left, none to the right). I have checked many files taken by different cameras/mobiles, even images from a friend of mine, and the result is the same.

Pasting images.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.