WatcherMagic

[By Design] Inconsistent Pixel Brush Line

I'm using a Huion H610PRO tablet, and when trying to use a simple pixel brush in Affinity's pixel mode I get oddly shaped lines, like this:

263206437_Screenshot(1126).thumb.png.344a03abb34c3b5f1b0ffd56fcc5b917.png

I don't experience this using other programs, such as Mischief or Pencil2D so I know it's not the tablet. Occasionally I can solve this by closing the program and opening again; does anyone know what causes this and how to stop it?

Try drawing at 100% for testing purposes. I find funny things sometimes happen at "awkward" zoom percentages... such as 57.6%. That can also make the lines look odd, because I've noticed anti-aliasing at weird percentages don't look as "clean" as in other programs... when you save these out, do they produce the correct look?

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (Build 17763)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3600Ghz; Mobo: Asus X470-PRO
16GB DDR4 (2400Mhz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Monitor 1: 4K @ 150%
Monitor 2: 1080p @ 100%

WACOM Intuos4 Large; X-rite i1Display Pro

I've tried experimenting a bit, I've labeled the screenshots so you'll know what I've done. Line spacing doesn't seem to make much of a difference, zoom helps but I'm not sure that's the "right" look I'm going for. It could just be the pixel persona, but the lines still look wonky to me. Correct me if I'm wrong.

931226409_Screenshot(1127).thumb.png.12368e0b9d8132ec7ee3ac1b0ab52f94.png1937709364_Screenshot(1128).thumb.png.46cd18f1d4102f0b4d2c72d2d0f5787d.png878088158_Screenshot(1129).thumb.png.571c5ab68bfbc79510f8556bdb9ff086.png

1 hour ago, WatcherMagic said:

Yup, I took a screenshot with nothing but google going on in the background, and one with AD running:

Although I'm not sure why your disk usage is at 99% (without looking at disk activity in 'Resource Monitor'), I think they meant a screenshot of [Edit > Preferences > Performance] from inside Affinity Designer, so they can see what the settings such as 'View Quality', etc. are set to.  If 'View Quality' is set to 'Nearest Neighbour', does changing it to 'Bilinear (Best Quality)' improve the appearance?

OH-I'm a nut. ^^' Sorry about that, I've been messing with code so my first instinct was "oh, system performance!" That being said, yes that fixes it! Thank you both so much, I know this ran a little long.