You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"undo" using the curves tool completely closes the curve tool.

I can't remember if it was always like this, or is a bug, but when I add a point and make a curves adjustment, and hit undo (command+z) it just removes the whole curves adjustment layer. This is especially alloying after I've made a few curve adjustment, and just want to undo my last adjustment. When I hit undo, it closes the curves window and removes the adjustment layer, so I lose all the curve adjustments I did.

Has it always been like this? Is this a bug? I don't have this problem with the other adjustment tools. Just curves.

sure thing!

First time, you'll see me make three points on the curve adjustment window, then I press "command+Z" and the whole thing disappears.

Then, I do the same thing, but use the edit tab, and select "undo adjustment parameter." and it deletes all three points, but the window stays. Then I make two points and press "command+z" and it removes the window.

Even after making a different adjustment layer, and undo a few steps, when it gets to the curves, the undo will remove everything.

OK, tested out the demo, and it seems to work.

So, now I have a question, should the undo command reset the whole curves state, or just the last point added? I know for example in Capture One 11, if I add three points on the curve, each press of the undo key will remove each point, one by one. From your posted video it seems this isn't the case in Affinity Photo. Is this a feature, or design choice? Or is it something you might add later on?

Thanks for you help, and time. I look forward to playing with the Beta!

• Staff

We can only undo the steps registered in the history panel. The curves adjustment does not create a new history entry for each point, but a general entry when you close the window. Currently, this is by design. I will move this to feature requests.