You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer missing Layergroups

I´ve just opened an AI file (Press Template) in Designer, can't work with it because the Layergroups are not available, only all Layers in one single hierarchy. Is there no way to display the groups? Designer makes no sense then if that's not possible. The same with with missing Smartobjects in photo. Too bad really. I had high hopes. 

• Staff

I'm afraid you cannot resell the license: 

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/licence/

Your Rights and Permitted Use

3. The Licence granted to you is limited, non-transferable and non-exclusive.

If you purchased the app from our store in the past 14 days, please email affinityreturns@serif.com with your name, order number and reason for returning the item to begin the process. 

Yes for sure. But do you read every time all single details? Look at apple, google or other companies. You need a lawyer to get this right. No I didn't read all. I was in the intention that this could not happen. Why is that Software (both) not able to display common standards? So Mockups and Press Templates are all unuseable... Is that practical? It´s not a unique selling point.

• Staff

I would not consider AI files as "common standards".

We have got a 7-day trial, and 14 days return period. So, technically, you have 21 days to test and play with the software, and see if it suits your needs.

I'm afaraid there's not much we can do in this case. Sorry :(