You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

basic question about moving things that are in different groups?

Hello all. Like I said in the title, I want to move elements/layers that are located in the same place in the artwork but are part of the groups with other elements located in other places in the artwork. Things get complicated here because I simply cannot find a way to move specific layers without moving entire groups. In Illustrator you do this simply by using direct selection tool (node tool in Affinity), select anything you want and move where ever you want regardless of which group those layers belong to. How do I move things in Affinity apps that belong to different groups???

I know that I can double-click and move each element within a group, but there are many elements below that one I also want to move at the same time, but they belong to different groups. How do I move them all together without moving entire groups? (and without ungrouping elements)

Hello there, thank you for you reply. Could you do all that without selecting layers in the list? Issue is that I need to do it in the artwork, not like that. Why? Because I have many groups and 100~200 layers and can't click select that way. I wasnt to marquee drag and select multiple layers that are located in different groups. Even If I could click on each item on the layer menu, I wouldn't know which one to click, so I have to seelct it from the artwork window.

But anyway, I figured it out partially. I have to click and hold ctrl and then marquee drag select. Unfortunatelly selecting  many layers this way is also selecting other layers left and right.