You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

affinity interface on non-retina displays and Mojave

This is a screenshot of Affinity on a non-retina Macbook Air 2017.

You can see the font rendering is so bad it is unreadable in places. Look for the word "steps" under "Fip Horizontal" and "Flip Vertical"

I know that MacOS Mojave changed font rendering. I have observed this issue with and without this commonly suggested remedy:

defaults write -g CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled -bool FALSE

Any suggestions?

Screenshot 2019-01-29 at 00.37.51.png

Did you also already tried the other font smoothing procedure here? - If yes you probably have to wait until another user beta version update hopefully addresses some Mojave related issues.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

If it only affects the Affinity software here and is a persistent problem for you when working with the software, I would do so in order the dev team takes a look after this.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2