You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Payment Issue

I am trying to purchase Affinity Designer but It says that payment has been declined and I have no other method of payment. I called my bank and they say that there is no problem on their end and that they have no record of me even trying to pay. I was wondering if there is anything that can be done to help me actually purchase your product. 

Hello EMcB,

Very sorry you are having an issue paying by card.

If you e-mail affinity@serif.com we will be able to look at this and get it resolved to your satisfaction. We have had no reported issue with our payment system so this could be local to you but as mentioned,  once we have your e-mail address we should be able to give you some advice.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Andy

• 1 year later...

I tried to purchase designer tonight "Your card has been denied by your card provider".  Tried 2 other cards and then a pre-pay card (not related to the others) and still same message.  Then saw some messages on here suggesting that despite the website error, deductions were made. That's not the sort of thing you like to read having tried 6 times! However, my e-card would have shown a deduction on the its balance right away and nothing was taken, so I think something's not authenticating correctly on the serif side.

tried the card with another online seller - by buying something cheap to test the card - as we still need to eat during lockdown. And, yes the card works fine.

So, it must be an issue with the Affinity website. I may reconsider purchasing now as the trust element I had in the brand is now being eroded by the service quality of the transaction.

Edited by john7334
clarity

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased Affinity Designer on May 3rd and my purchase was accepted by Affinity and the purchase has gone through my bank. However, I also had a trial Affinity product that I placed in my Mac applications in Nov. 2019 which had supposedly expired.  When I went to download and open my new purchase of Affinity Designer it tried opening my trial Affinity from November and wouldn't open my new purchase. I have tried using the old product key with the trial version and also tried using my new product key with my current purchase and keep getting an error report for both. So I guess I need a new product key along with making sure my e-mail address is correct. Please help asap or refund my purchase.

Thank you,

Ann L Hankel Rolph

8 hours ago, Ann L Hankel Rolph said:

I recently purchased Affinity Designer on May 3rd and my purchase was accepted by Affinity and the purchase has gone through my bank. However, I also had a trial Affinity product that I placed in my Mac applications in Nov. 2019 which had supposedly expired.  When I went to download and open my new purchase of Affinity Designer it tried opening my trial Affinity from November and wouldn't open my new purchase. I have tried using the old product key with the trial version and also tried using my new product key with my current purchase and keep getting an error report for both. So I guess I need a new product key along with making sure my e-mail address is correct. Please help asap or refund my purchase.

Perhaps you should delete the trial version from your Applications folder, then reinstall the new version? Then use the new product key.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 9 months later...

I am having the same issue... two different cards, two different browsers in two different computers... tried 7 times and have 4 retentions on my bank, but Affynity's website keeps saying my payment has been declined (my bank app says differently) and my order history is empty on Affinity's website. That's really frustrating.