You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When taking a photo of my dog, the flash appears and leaves a white circle instead of the actual eye.  Please please could someone tell me in simple explanatory language how I can put this right.  I have spent hours upon hours trying to rectify this, and because I am new to this,I seem to be  missing the main points.

Rachnew.jpg

The most effective way would be eye replacement so find a suitable image that you can use as a donor, all you will need are the eyes so everything else can be erased, this will give the best result.

1610267474_ScreenShot2019-01-29at09_32_36.png.c9525ba17b7c6b936df24852ea45d78f.png

This is the afphoto file Saved with history so you can jog back and forth in the history panel. ignore the first few steps with regard to selection, I changed my mind and decided donor eyes was a much better option.

doberman new eyes.afphoto

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Sorry to hear that your dog died.  

Do you have any other pictures of your dog?

It will be hard to exactly match his/her eye colour without knowing what the true colour was.

PS: It that a Doberman, it looks like it may be a Doberman/Labrador mix?

dogeyes3.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there.  Sorry to have taken so long to reply, this dog was special, and I still find it difficult to see her photo and work on it, despite I still have 2 other dogs here now.  Her name was Rachel, and she was a rottwielr/doberman mix.  I worked on the eyes, by taking them from a photo of my previous 'rotterman'.  What do you think?

36 minutes ago, dorriecharles said:

What do you think?

An impressive retouch given the circumstances. If I wanted to quibble, the pupils on the two eyes seem to be aligned differently. However, I only noticed that because I was looking very closely.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 2 weeks later...

John - Thank you for your input, I was ok about the way the pic of my lovely dog turned out, although I took advice and did copy & paste the eyes of one of my other dogs and used these in the new pic.  I am so new to this, I just seem to start and then stop, I find it difficult to say the least!!