You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashes pretty much immediately

I just downloaded the latest version of the Beta and it crashes (or in OSX-speak, quits unexpectedly) whenever I try to open it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no dice. Here's some system info:

• Late 2012 retina mac
  • El Capitan 10.11.5
  • 10 GB free

Please let me know if there's anything else I need to provide. Thanks!

You could try clearing user data.

Immediately after clicking the icon to launch the beta hold down the control key until the window appears to ask what to clear.

Then click "Clear" and see if it opens (note that this will cause preferences and some parts of the user interface to reset to defaults).

If it continues to crash, the Serif team would probably appreciate the crash log: https://marinersoftware.deskpro.com/kb/articles/how-to-retrieve-crash-logs-in-os-x

You can attach them to the post, or if you are not comfortable with making them available on a public forum, you could ask Serif to provide a dropbox link that you could upload them to so that only they can see them - if they think they will be useful they would most likely do that.  I would expect that someone from Serif will probably comment on that eventually when they get around to reading this.

The fastest ans simplest way to clear font caches in macOS:

1. Shut down your machine.
  2. Restart the machine.
  3. When the start sound appears press the SHIFT key.
  4. Release the SHIFT key, when the LogIn window becomes visible.
  5. Wait, until your machine has started up completely. ATTENTION: This may take a considerable time, because your Mac starts into the „Safe Mode“. Starting into this mode, clears all system caches.
  6. When start up is finished, restart your machine, just as you always do.

Now the caches are clean. You will lose no data at all.

Here an official reference: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

@mac_heibu  Still broken :(. It works in safe mode, but even with the cache cleared it crashes on startup once I restart. I have Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer already, and neither of them have this issue. @Pauls , was there anything else in the crash log that seemed off? Any custom fonts, for instance, that it's trying to load? I have a couple and tried disabling them to no effect.

I've also uploaded the crash report on the new version, just in case. Updating OS to 10.11.6 did not help.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.