You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to convert anchor points in the pen tool - Designer

Hi team,

I have a very basic question, I´m sorry if it is too obvious but I´m a complete noobie.

I´ve gone crazy looking for tutorials on how to do this with Affinity Designer but so far I haven´t been lucky.

I´m trying to find how to change the direction of the anchor points when using the pen tool. At least I believe they are called anchor points, not sure (English is not my first language), I´ve attached a video to add some clarity to it.

It would really make my day if you could tell me how to do it, as I´ve been stuck with this little problems for a couple days.

Thank you so much in advance,

Carlos

I attach a video that shows the actions available in the Node Tool that you can perform while using the Pen Tool. When rpessing Ctrl (on Windows) you can move the handles, and if you press Ctrl + Alt, you can move only one of the handles. Also, if you click on a handle while pressing Alt, you will delete that handle.

It's worth looking at the bottom bar of the Program, where you can see the help with available actions while using any of the Tools.

Best regards!

On 1/27/2019 at 4:31 PM, Mithferion said:

When rpessing Ctrl (on Windows) you can move the handles, and if you press Ctrl + Alt, you can move only one of the handles. Also, if you click on a handle while pressing Alt, you will delete that handle.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to do the same on my iPad?

6 hours ago, Markus Allen said:

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to do the same on my iPad?

I don't have an iPad, but in the bottom options bar, when using the Pen Tool, there is the "Edit" button, I guess you have to press that to get access to the Node Tool functionality.

Best regards!

2 hours ago, Mithferion said:

I don't have an iPad, but in the bottom options bar, when using the Pen Tool, there is the "Edit" button, I guess you have to press that to get access to the Node Tool functionality.

Best regards!

Yes, I see the node tools... but I have no idea on which one to use - tried them all without any luck.

Hi,

With the node tool selected, on the Context toolbar at the bottom you should see a white arrow, click to open up more options: Break, Close, Smooth, Join and Reverse, plus other options, make sure you have your node selected first, should turn blue. There are also some gestures. Click on the ? On the start screen and go to getting started>Touch gestures>Pen tool drawing.