You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when opening

I have a document with 55 pages and with the new version (1.7.0.227), when I open Publisher, the software closes after 5 sc of use. I don't have this bug with another projet with only one page.

It's very annoying because I have an internship report to be submitted in 4 days

• Staff

@Palipica

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

We would be interested in having a copy of your file to see if we can find a cause. When I am back in the office we will post a link for you to upload it to our servers. However to help you progress, have you tried uninstalling 1.7.0.227 and going back to the previous installer you could still have in your downloads folder (perhaps 1.7.0.206 or 1.7.0.221 if you installed recently)

I would also suggest that you always work on a copy of your file and never overwrite until you are sure that you can load the last version you saved.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thank you for your replying so quickly.

How can I go back to the other version? 
And how do I refuse to upgrade to the next version? Because the software forces me to update myself

Sorry for my English, I'm french ! :6_smile:

EDIT : 

I found the file to go back to version 1.7.0.206. I will send a message when the download is finished

EDIT 2 : 

Impossible to go back to version 1.7.0.206, I have the message : "This beta has expired. Please download the latest beta to continue testing."

I have tried to return to the latest version, and I managed to navigate the pages for a few seconds before the crash and it seemed that not all the pages were loading.

• Staff

You can download version 1.7.0.221 from the link in here

Whether that can open you file in that version or not, can you please also email your file (the version that will not stay open) to AffinityQA@serif.com 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.