You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Last settings of the used tool etc.

Hi Affinity,

The AF does not remember the last settings of the used tool, it is very tedious to set everything up again. For example.. If I've created the new Crop preset which I use very often, everytime when I click to the Crop tool, the default preset appears (unconstrained). And in addition with the Thirds grid that I have to switch off again and again, becouse its very disturbing. And without Darken border, that I'am switching on again..  Is possible to add some memory to the tools?  If I'll click to the Crop tool next time, the "my preset" without grid and with Darken border will appears automatically as default?

And my second question is about Stock panel with Shutterstock images. If I drag and drop the image inside my instance from the Stock, its only in thumbnail resolution and without transparency.. Please could you tell me how to improve it?

Many thanks,

Paulie

• Staff

Hi @paulie.reklama,

17 hours ago, paulie.reklama said:

And my second question is about Stock panel with Shutterstock images. If I drag and drop the image inside my instance from the Stock, its only in thumbnail resolution and without transparency.. Please could you tell me how to improve it?

You would have to download the image and then import it. Most likely the thumbnail does not have transparency. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Same thing for me. I find it very counter productivw that affinity also won't remember the 2 chosen colors between different opened files. What's worse is I can't eyedrop between different opened files. Eyedropper can't pick a color from document A when document B is currently focused.. This needs to be addressed... 

18 hours ago, Gackt said:

Same thing for me. I find it very counter productivw that affinity also won't remember the 2 chosen colors between different opened files. What's worse is I can't eyedrop between different opened files. Eyedropper can't pick a color from document A when document B is currently focused.. This needs to be addressed... 

You can do this. In the screenshot, I had both images Floating instead of Docked just or ease of demonstration. I also made sure I had the Eyedropper selected for each, but I don't think it's necessary. If you make sure the Source is set to Global it places it in the dropper "well" (don't know if that's the correct name for it), to the right of the eyedropper in the color tab. I tested this by adding a new pixel layer and filling it with the color selected in the other image. It works. As far as "in focus", I think any program must have the focus shifted in order to see it and select anything from it. If not wouldn't that be a "background type" of function?

Global color selecting.jpg

Global color selecting-2.jpg

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

On 1/28/2019 at 11:13 AM, GabrielM said:

Hi @paulie.reklama,

You would have to download the image and then import it. Most likely the thumbnail does not have transparency. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Hi Gabe,

so I didnt find out what is the benefit of the Stock panel? I thought the benefit should be in having the large library of full sized png images directly in affinity without using web browsers.. Finding "just" thumbnails is more comfortable in web than in affinity.

Thanks, Pavel

Question for AF users: Is there anyone who uses this panel? And for what reasons?

• Staff

My bad. I was looking at Designer and not Photo :$ . Sorry. 

I'm afraid that's how it currently works. Because you have to pay for the images, you can only grab the thumbnail, with watermark. We have added some other stock providers in the latest beta version if you want to have a look :) https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/34-photo-beta-on-windows/