You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Box Text Style

17 minutes ago, Morgoth said:

Is it supposed to be the default that when applying the Box text style that the "Box" decoration is outside a text frame? 

There are no default Paragraph/Character Styles in Publisher. These are just sample styles. If you don't like them you can delete them or modify them to whatever suits your needs.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

15 minutes ago, Seneca said:

There are no default Paragraph/Character Styles in Publisher. These are just sample styles. If you don't like them you can delete them or modify them to whatever suits your needs.

I understand that. What I am asking is that when applying the sample BOX style to text the "BOX" is outside the text frame. I have tried to adjust the settings in the decorations window, but nothing seems to be happening. I have looked through the help menu, but there is nothing that provides a decent explanation of how to work with or manipulate this particular style.

Box text.png

I deleted all the as-shipped text styles, so I have no idea what the as-shipped box style is defined as.

capture-002493.png.01512c01d41f0db576634fa4f96800ee.png

But using these settings, all the borders appear for the paragraph style I created.

Perhaps the paragraph is overridden somehow.

Easiest means of helping would be to upload that sample document.

Mike

Yep, just figured out that the series of boxes is the stroke location around the text. It became apparent when I hovered over the boxes. 

There is no real sample document. I am just working through the setting in the Text Styles and observing what happens. In this instance, I just made a text box, inserted filler text and began applying styles to see what they looked like. 

• 1 year later...

@hitesherger
Not possible, I think.

But you can insert a rounded box (by the appropriate tool), that you can easily transform to circle, then convert it to Box text (contextual menu).

It is perhaps not what you want but it is a workaround.