You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cropping – please eliminate extra click for Overlay setting (.107)

Hi. I'm splitting an older post in the hope that the single issues get addressed.

This would not be a problem if my settings were sticky (as Darken Border is by now).

I'm on a 13 inch MacBook.

Until 1.6.7. I have to change the Overlay setting to None for every single photo I'm cropping.

In the 1.7.0 beta (now on .107) you introduce an additional click for me, because the Overlay setting is hidden behind the >> in the top right corner.

Please make AP remember that I want Overlay set to None in 99% of all the photos I'm cropping. 

Until then, please let me decide which settings are hidden behind the >>, either by letting me drag&drop their position or by letting me uncheck the display for the one's I'm never using in Preferences – User Interface.

Thank you.

• Staff
22 hours ago, manu schwendener said:

Please make AP remember that I want Overlay set to None in 99% of all the photos I'm cropping. 

This is absolutely a fair request—I'll pass it on. 

22 hours ago, manu schwendener said:

Until then, please let me decide which settings are hidden behind the >>, either by letting me drag&drop their position or by letting me uncheck the display for the one's I'm never using in Preferences – User Interface.

I honestly don't know if we will ever be able to customise the context toolbar. If that's the case, perhaps the workaround would be to shorten some of the buttons or fields but even then, it might not be enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.