You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't export or print after inserting Table of Contents

When I add a table of contents to any document, I can't export or print. Clicking on either Export... or Print... immediately freezes Publisher and I can do nothing at all. I have to kill this instance of Publisher using Task Manager and then re-launch it to do anything further.

I can consistently recreate this any time I have a master page containing text frames. If there is no TOC, I can export and print as expected. As soon as I add a TOC those functions cease to operate.

Steps to recreate:

1. Create a new file using the default settings.
  2. Add a text frame to the master spread.
  3. On any page, insert a TOC by double-clicking in the text frame and selecting Text > Table of Contents > Insert Table of Contents
  4. Click File > Export... or File > Print...
  5. Publisher freezes completely

This is not happening if I leave the master alone and just create a text frame on a page and put the TOC in that.

I am on Windows 10 using beta 1.7.0.227. I haven't used any previous beta versions so I don't know if this used to work or not.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.