You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error in displaying large bleeds in the Publisher

If large bleeds are set, for example, around the A4 card, 5 cm, the falls overlap on the following pages. Sometimes there is a need to create such large bleeds, but they are displayed so that you can not design freely.
In my opinion, subsequent pages with such large bleeds should automatically move away from each other so that the bleeds do not overlap.

5.png

I'm just wondering why you would need such a large bleed area. If it's so big, doesn't it become part of the design? Wouldn't it be easier to use oversized pages and use guides to show the "bleed" area? (I'm not arguing against this suggestion, just curious!)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

3 hours ago, PaulEC said:

I'm just wondering why you would need such a large bleed area. If it's so big, doesn't it become part of the design? Wouldn't it be easier to use oversized pages and use guides to show the "bleed" area? (I'm not arguing against this suggestion, just curious!)

I work in a graphic company on a daily basis. Such large bleeds need, for example, when printing images on canvas (printed 5 cm drop is rolled under the bottom of the wooden frame on which the canvas is stretched, the side of the printed image is visible from the side) or for printing on the self-adhesive information boards (foil with a print drop of about 4 cm it is rolled under the bottom of the sheet).
Thus, the bleed does not have to be only 2 or 3 mm, it can also be 3cm or more.
And the Publisher makes an error when displaying these bleeds, because they overlap each other by covering the adjacent pages.
Of course, I can do as Paul EC suggests, only then why are there bleeds?
Most of the projects I do in CorelDraw and in Affinity Designer, when opening an Affinity file in which there are bleeds on Artboards in the Publisher also incorrectly display falls on overlapping.

I use Google translator, so something can be twisted.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.