You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transforming Clipped Nodes

So Affinity Designer 1.7's Node Tool has the ability to transform nodes. However, that does not include objects that are clipped inside the selected objects; whereas transforming an object with the Move Tool will. (The Move Tool keeps its child layers unlocked whereas the Node Tool does not.) This makes sense, but it's a hard thing to work around. Let's say I have a drawing of a cartoon fish, and its eyes are clipped inside its body layer. If I try to to rotate the nodes of just the first half of the body layer to make it look like the fish is slightly looking up, its eyes stay locked in position. Is there a way to work around this? I would just CMD + Click the eyes, but I can't if it's part of an already-selected object.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

2 hours ago, Bri-Toon said:

Is there a way to work around this?

Aside from temporarily unclipping the child layer(s) so their nodes can be selected too, if there is, I have not found it. :(

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

17 hours ago, R C-R said:

Aside from temporarily unclipping the child layer(s) so their nodes can be selected too

That's probably the best thing to do.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.