You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello People !
i'm just installing and testing the recent Beta of APhoto and i can just say OKAY IT WORKS REALLY OKAY !

But ... because there is still a But ... i think Blending modes needs to be arranged or organized according to what they are intended to do.
What i mean is simply represented in the attached capture.
Well i know this is from another software but also it is not bad to copy (and making better of it) something that already exist.

Hope this won't bring up a long discussion or a troll in here but also to every one who ever think this can/could be a nice thing please leave your inputs to help the devs understand it and maybe implement it.

Blessings !

Blend-Mode-Group.jpg

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

On 1/26/2019 at 4:33 PM, Uncle Mez said:

But ... because there is still a But ... i think Blending modes needs to be arranged or organized according to what they are intended to do.
What i mean is simply represented in the attached capture.

Hi, It's a pretty good idea! :)

Regards, Puck

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

• Staff

Why stop there? Let's make it in alphabetical order too.

In all fairness though, I think this is a good idea.

It looks like we may have, at one point, attempted to do it in a similar order but as the app has grown, we've just stuck new ones on at the end. 

I'm going to log this as an improvement. I think the bars/dividers in the other app are quite helpful too.

53 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I'm going to log this as an improvement. I think the bars/dividers in the other app are quite helpful too.

Thumbs up! :)

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

I suggested  this 2/3 years ago... its really time to implement this. Should be not so complicated! And please do not stop with blend-modes - also the adjustments could be "categorized", in the menue it is, but not on the other two "shortcut places"

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

3 hours ago, Chris B said:

Why stop there? Let's make it in alphabetical order too.

In all fairness though, I think this is a good idea.

It looks like we may have, at one point, attempted to do it in a similar order but as the app has grown, we've just stuck new ones on at the end. 

+1

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

4 hours ago, Polygonius said:

I suggested  this 2/3 years ago... its really time to implement this. Should be not so complicated! And please do not stop with blend-modes - also the adjustments could be "categorized", in the menue it is, but not on the other two "shortcut places"

Thank You so MUCH @Polygonius the text i put i red is so right to be implemented in the entire suite (APhoto - APublisher - ADesigner)
@Chris B this is nice contribution from our friend possible to Log it too ?
I'm pretty sure that the days ahead are brighter.

Blessings !

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Thanks Chris!

BTW: Ok, this is more a really feature wish: But for all of them filter/adjust/blend... there could be a favorite-category too: I normally just use 5 blend modes and maybe the half of adjustments. But here its not so important: But for the filters and their sub-folders it would be really nice, to have the favorites at one collect-place too. I have maybe 10 daily-use  filters in different folders. It would be nice two have them as "shortcut" in a top-place favorite-folder. But yeah this needs some developing, so just keep this in mind for later versions. 

in fact, this is all good.

Separator on one side and Favorite on the other, they both work for the best according to me !
Well yes @fde101 it is possible to make it fit.
In this case i would suggest the add of a top search bar when it comes to filters/blending modes etc. and this can also be a basis for fonts too.
Yet we can search by typing in it's originate field but personally i often forget about hopefully there Serif place categories which help a lot.

So a bit of recap !
Top search bar for Blending modes/Filter in the below shortcut: the search must be able to find a filter/blend mode both by its name and its description (synonym)
Revamp of the categorization of font: make the category field more flipping menu recognizable by it icons which auto switch from one category to another by a click
Font menu could see the add for search bar which would similar to the other requested search bar, able to find a font by it name or family but also from its description (if there is !) 
Separator to make blending mode and filters to be more organized and make things easy in the global workflow.

Maybe there is other stuff peoples would like to add to this request that will help @Chris B to make better documentation of this but please guys MAKE IT GO INTO the SAME DIRECTION as already discussed and asked.

later i will drop a video capture that may help with the understanding of the favorite menu and search bar.
Let's help Devs to clearly understand what we ask and let's ear what they have to tell us.
Also devs should gives some quick drawing (if possible) of how they think it could work vs what we asked and think it could work; but this is optional and must be linked to what they are allowed to share or talk about.

Blessings !

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

21 hours ago, fde101 said:

A "favorites list" is far less important for this than for fonts, where the list goes on for miles.

There is already a favorite for fonts! Since 1.5! 

But however, on mac, its more useful to use native font-app to organize your fonts (like serif, non-serif, handwritten, grungy... whatever you want). It works pretty well with Serif-apps hand in hand!  Just hack cmd+T to see the sign-panel. There you can easy "dropdwon" and filter just the fonts from the category you currently need.

Well it would mmore comfortabel if the access to the font-app-categorys would be possible directly from the text-toolbar, but even with this extra-step its quite comfortable.

I prefer this global solution (just the access to font-book-categorys) more than app-individual-solutions. With this method ALL compatible apps can show/list the categorys from font-book and i do not have to organize my fonts in each app separately. 

One-time-for-all- organizing in Fontbookapp is quite easy and comfortable. Even batch-"move" is possible. The "folders" are smart "albums", so a font can appear in several categories, if you like.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-01 um 09.50.07.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.