You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving inside?

Hi, what is the command: moving inside? If click on the pic is gone. I hoped to move it inside the frame, if the frame is smaller as the pic. Thanks, lars

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

• Staff

Hi larsh,
The command Arrange ▸ Move Inside / Outside moves the selected layer to inside (clipping it) or outside (unclipping it) the layer below. It's the same operation as dragging a layer over another layer in the Layers panel (not over its thumbnail but over the label area on the right). It can be used to move an image layer to inside a picture frame if that's what you meant.

@MEB let me help, I think @larsh want to move a picture inside a picture frame, even if the picture is smaller than the frame. I think you have 2 options. 1 - Expand the picture frame in the layers panel and then select the picture itself and them move it as you normally do. The other one is, when you select the picture frame you have a bar that appear on the bottom with one little arrow in black thal let you move your picture and a zoom bar that let you choose the size of the picture.

Is this what you looking for?

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, dcarvalho84 said:

even if the picture is smaller than the frame

No, I would like to move an image inside of the frame if the image is bigger (!) then the frame. So I can first see and then say in APu what I want to show (and must not go back to APh to change the pic). There may be a part of the page I will test the design: so or so or others... So the frame can be changed: smaller, longer... And the image should be move into the new form of the frame with its best part. 

Ich möchte den Rahmen beim Design ändern können, ohne erst eine neue Grösse des Bildes zu machen. Den Rahmen verändern, kleiner, länger. Und dann möchte ich das Bild entsprechend der Komposition neu im Rahmen positionieren (um am Ende vielleicht zur ersten Form zurückzukehren). Gruss, lars

• Staff

Hi larsh,
Do you mean you want to see the whole image while you move it inside the frame? Currently the parts that lay outside the picture frame are faded while you move it (see clip below). Sorry the questions but I'm still unsure about what you are trying to achieve. With the Move Tool you can also change the frame size or the image size independently from each other depending on what layer you have selected in the Layers panel - also show in the animated (loop) gif below.

1277700948_2019-01-2915_47_44.gif.0d5507be262cd8d218f8180ea9ae58e7.gif

WUNDERFULL!!!

If one – as I allways do – not make the frame first and then include the pic, but moves the image using the: include image button direct to the page, the pic becomes a frame. Two movings and the pic is where it shall be (1. up to left edge of marvins, 2. right down to bring it to the right marvin). But in the layer-table is no special second layer shown with the image. Is there a way to do my way and then open the second layer? 

THANKS, lars

If you have an image that is not inside of a frame and want to place it in a frame, create the frame and drag the image's layer in the Layers studio panel over the label (not the thumbnail) of the frame's layer.  A line should appear below the frame's layer which should be somewhat indented from the left edge of the list but go nearly to the end on the right.

Is that what you are looking for?

Ja, thanks, that works. Better was, to click in the pic double and to get an arrow then and a main frame in the layer field, as it is on the frame layer. But for me it is ok now. Regards, lars

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.