You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there any way to force the PDF viewer page display mode on PDF export?

Windows 10 Home 1809, Publisher 1.7.0.227.

I have a document where the pages are non-facing and I would like the reader to automatically view them as single pages rather than as 'spreads'.
When I export to a PDF in Publisher, the PDF shows in a web browser as I would expect with one page on top of the other scrolling downwards - see first attached image from Firefox. However, when I view the document in Acrobat Reader DC the document is always shown as a 'spread' - see second attached image.
Is there a way for me to tell Publisher to 'force' or suggest to the PDF viewer - I don't know what software the user will be using - to use a certain page display mode, as shown in the third attached image which shows the options in Acrobat Reader DC? The one I want is called "Enable Scrolling".

non-facing-in-firefox.jpg

non-facing-in-reader-small.jpg

reader-page-display-options.jpg

@Wosven I've used other software where the user can set the suggested page display mode - PDF specification / 7.7.2 Document Catalog / PageLayout - and was just wondering if Publisher could do the same.
@MikeW I'm not exporting as spreads, just pages. Since my document doesn't have facing pages there are no spreads to export. Apologies if my using the term 'spreads' caused some confusion but I didn't know what else to call them as that's what they looked like.

As it happens, I found that my copy of Reader was set to use "Two-Up Continuous" in "Preferences / Page Display / Page Layout" - can't remember setting that myself but there we go - so there's probably no actual problem in this specific case but it might be nice if Publisher gave the options to the user. Something for 1.8 perhaps?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...