You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Auto-linking breaking with staggered linking in master pages

Hi guys,

Once again, thank you and congratulations for the master page functionality. It needs some polishing, but at least it's finally here.

Anyway, on to the issue at hand: I was curious to see how Publisher would handle two sets of columns with staggered linking (as in A-B, A-B, across the spread) for bilingual layouts, and I see it's not really managing it well at all.

If I don't touch the links the left-hand page will be empty, and if I relink them properly across the spread as they are in the master page, when adding new pages they won't relink across different spreads. I enclosed my super basic test file for you to play with. ;)

staggered bilingual linking test.afpub

Hi @JGD try this blank. I tried with a couple of different text files and they loaded into their respective frames flowing for about 40 pages.

Side note; why do you have a page wide text frame on the Master pages as well as the narrow ones?

Linked test 00.afpub

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

25 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Hi @JGD try this blank. I tried with a couple of different text files and they loaded into their respective frames flowing for about 40 pages.

Side note; why do you have a page wide text frame on the Master pages as well as the narrow ones?

Linked test 00.afpub

Thanks! I'll try that as soon as I have a bit more free time on my hands.

Well, I guess it was either auto-added or I was doing simples experiments with that layout before, and just forgot do delete it… :P

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.