sgperez90

Crash when exporting and Saving Image

Hey All, 

I am pretty new to Affinity Designer and am currently using it on for the ipad, but am having a problem exporting my work. When I click export>Share> Save Image the app shuts down and takes me to my ipad's home screen, not sure why but airdrop has been a work around for the time being. Is this a known issue or is it my Ipad. Hope to hear from somebody soon and thank you for your help in advance.

Hi sgperez90,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Affinity Designer (and Photo) for iPad need to have read and write permission to import/export/save from/to Apple Photos. To give Affinity Designer permission/access to Apple Photos, run the it, click the plus icon in the Welcome Screen and select Import from Photos. Affinity should ask for permission to access your photos. Click OK to give it permission to access your Photos library. You should then be able to import/export/save from/to Apple Photos.

This fixed the problem for me too—but seriously, bug report! It should not just hard crash to springboard when exporting a photo! Isn’t there normally a permissions popup?