You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta 227 installer crashes

I have .206 and follow the links to download .227, which downloads ok (332mb) but installer quits immediately after WIndows 10 usual warning (i.e. not from store etc.). I have tried a number of times, including rebooting, uninstalling and re-installing .206 but nothing changes. I use Bitdefender and firewall settings are ok. .206 is running fine.

The only thing that has happened since the .206 installation if that I have registered my evaluation copy of Designer. I have Photo and Designer on the machine.

Any thoughts?

• Staff

Please

1. Restart your machine,
  2. Uninstall your last Affinity Publisher install (if you have one)
  3. Restart your machine
  4. Right click on the installer EXE and on the general tab uncheck "Block" and press OK
  5. Install the new Affinity Publisher installer [ should be 332 MB (348,495,120 bytes) , Digital Signature 14:14  23 January 2019 ]

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Do you still have APub 1.7.0.206 exe or APub 1.7.0.211 exe and does that install?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

You’re apparently not the only one experiencing problems with the build 227 installer:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hi jackthephoto,

There is a known issue with the installer causing it to fail if the Windows Display DPI is set to greater than 200%, this will be fixed in the upcoming installer.

In the meantime you can lower this to 200% (or less), install the update and then switch it back to your desired setting.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.