You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What about assets...

I am about to try to use the assets pannel . What i want to do is to throw in the very many differing logos, our PR appartment has storred somewhere on our server, so its for our architects at hand much faster but to first browse through our server structure if they need it.

Here are some thoughts.

• its a pain at the moment to bring in some footage.  you first have to place it in your document..  create a categorie which in itselve is realy cumbesome... (create... select the new categorie,  select again the hamburger menue..  change name... )   than select the placed footage.....   select the new categorie, select the hamburger menue... klick on "get from selection...
  • realy ?    Anyone here who thinks, this could be a slick workflow ?  adding one by one dozens of assets,  it just takes Hours...   its at the moment i  have to say nearly unusable.. 
  • I have Seen, i could save out the assets..     but it looks like assets themselve doesent get exportet anywhere...  Ohnly the structure of my Assetfolders..  so if i wanted to make my assets available to other collegues, this doesnt work as long as they havnt got the same serverstructure ?  maybe here i am wrong. 

So What to improve?

1. Drag and drop directly from a folder or from your document... into your assets pannel.. !
  2. Drag and drop also with multiple assets..
  3. use Serverstructures,   !!! just drag and drop a folder tree from your Windows explorer onto the Assetarea, and it reconstructs the whole folderstructure..  and all the pathes.. 

But at the moment..   it is realy unusable for everything thats beyond 3 icons..  which you could easier get directly from your win- explorer..

Dear Programmers from serif..   i am sure.. on your list are many things with higher priority..   but this should be    changed...  

image.thumb.png.d848bf5147f7c3654f54729b72d0cfe9.png

1 hour ago, Tom Schülke said:

So What to improve?

1. Drag and drop directly from a folder or from your document... into your assets pannel.. !
  2. Drag and drop also with multiple assets..
  3. use Serverstructures,   !!! just drag and drop a folder tree from your Windows explorer onto the Assetarea, and it reconstructs the whole folderstructure..  and all the pathes.. 

for number 1 I would expect the category to be named after the folder and the items/assets to take the file names. 

I don't use the assets studio very much because of the clunky way of importing and the lack of exporting to back up bothers me too.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.