You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

View Options

Hi,

Using Beta 1.7.0.227 I tried to switch on 'Show Bleed' from the View menu. This is the menu before...

image.png.e0254f825b83ebb3cac25466099e7ab0.png

and this after just selecting 'Show Bleed'...

image.png.96acd8c04a786c02258171d88bbcb3cb.png

It seems that selecting almost any single option auto selects several others. This means all unwanted items then have to be individually deselected.

I'm assuming this isn't intentional.

Hi Mick,

Just tried a Ctrl run and chose all the options to clear, but with exactly the same results as before.

With further investigation I discovered that if I manually deselect all options, I can then select single ones without a problem. But if I deselect them by choosing Preview Mode, selecting any one of them re-selects all that were previously selected before using Preview Mode. So it looks a little like an intended feature.

It is confusing to have them all selected if you're only clicking one. Wouldn't a better way of achieving this be to only have the item selected re-select but, to achieve the previous state, simply deselect Preview Mode. That seems to make more logical sense to me.

Nigel

Hi Mick,

I agree with you when deselecting preview mode, but if you are just selecting a single item then Publisher is simply not doing what you've actually asked it to do.

It's not a biggie once you understand what it's doing, but it's not obvious and seems like poor UI design to me. Clicking to show bleed (or whatever) is in fact not showing bleed, but toggling off preview mode. The menu items are all displayed as individual toggles, but don't act like it.

Hi Nigel - sorry, I don't agree with you. I think the idea is you select whatever views you want to in your normal working pattern and then toggle the preview for a clearer viewpoint. That seems sensible. I understand what you say about bleed toggling the preview mode but generally I'd have thought you'd have some of the View options ticked and after a quick preview you'd want to go back to where you were. What might be useful is a quick way to deselect all the views.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.