You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text wrap causing freeze, bullet character style issues, FI hyphenation

Hi,

Working on a document converted from PDF, I had some images cause a freeze any time I applied a text wrap to them.

Also, I made bulleted lists using a character style on the bullet, with different font, size, color and baseline. The character style doesn't update automatically and the bullet baseline jumps erratically high, like 20 pt when it should be -3-ish.

BTW, I managed to get Finnish hyphenation working on a semi-decent level using the attached Public Domain library. The library makes Publisher crash as is, but when you remove the first charset line, it works just fine. The library is not perfect, but it's a good start. Should you be able to tap into the OS X library, that would be just smooth too, but I understand it's not as simple as one would like to think ;)

Sorry to include multiple topics in one post, bit of in a hurry here and wanted to contribute…

Asukkaan_opas_01_2019.afpub

fi_FI.zip

iMac 27" Retina 2017, 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, OS X Mojave | Long-time Adobe veteran (I still remember Aldus Pagemaker, HA!), making the big move after going freelance. Running Publisher Beta along with Designer and Photo desktop versions. Loving what you guys are doing.

• 3 weeks later...

CORRECTION: The hyphenation dictionary works only when you remove the first word CHARSET, not the whole line.

iMac 27" Retina 2017, 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, OS X Mojave | Long-time Adobe veteran (I still remember Aldus Pagemaker, HA!), making the big move after going freelance. Running Publisher Beta along with Designer and Photo desktop versions. Loving what you guys are doing.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi Läppä,

Apologies for the late reply. I've looked at your publisher document and applied wrap to existing and new pictures and haven't had any freezes, do you still get this behaviour in a more recent build?

Same for the dictionary, I've set up the attached library and had no crash, at what point did this crash happen for you? Is it again still reproducible in the current build?

Thanks!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.