You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer is crashing down all the time

Had the pdf open for 15mins changing colours, deleting bits adding text drawing and no crashes. Try opening again and have the Activity Monitor open, check the memory, and cpu tabs, you get a general readout at the bottom.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

Hi Eisbar :)

Sorry to hear this! I too have had the file open in Designer for around 10 minutes, after the initial import (around 5 seconds), and the program has not crashed for me.

Could you please download the latest Designer beta and try importing the PDF here, does your software still crash?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 year later...

Also I have this regular crashing issue with Mac/Desktop. So far everything worked fine but this evening Affinity Designer regularly crashes down while I should work with it. I have no idea what is going on and why. Slightly saying very frustrating. Yesterday everything worked well without any problems but now it´s more or less impossible to work. 

• Staff

Sorry to hear you're having trouble Floriance!

Could you please open Affinity Designer>Preferences>Performance and provide a screenshot of your settings here?

Secondly I'd like to request a copy of your Mac crash reports - Please go to Applications > Utilities and open the Console app. Crash Reports from our apps can be found in the User Reports section. You can Right Click the required Crash Report and select Reveal in Finder, then attach a copy of this here.

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!