You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Luminosity layer fails to identifity areas in Photo Beta

1 hour ago, BrianG67 said:

Marching ants only appear at the edges of the frame when creating a luminosity layer.  No areas of luminosity outlined.

Using latest Beta on Mac.

What is a luminosity layer?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff
3 minutes ago, >|< said:

In build 107, you need to opt-cmd-click the layer thumbnail to get a luminosity selection, and shift-opt-cmd-click to add luminosity selection to current selection.

Ah, I should have triple-checked the changelist:
- Alt / Option is now used to make a pixel selection from layer luminance. You can now also hold shift to add the result to the current selection.
- Fixed 16bit luminosity blend mode.

Thanks >|<

• 3 weeks later...

In general Im very happy with AP. I'm wondering given all the forum interest, discussion, and workarounds, for luminosity selection that there is not a threshold capability? I'm taking a class with my photo club and covering this topic next. While classmates with brand X can install an add-ins like TK, it looks like I will need to use the macros/work arounds. It seems like AP is very close to a "complete" feature?

BTW I think the overhead of regression testing third party brand X add-ins with AP is potentially a bigger distraction than worth the same AP core development.

Thx

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.