You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Double-sided printing

I am printing a double sided print and the second page is not flipped as I expected. I see that some bugs have been fixed for the Windows version related to double sided printing. But I can't even find the options for the flipping the page on the Mac version. Am I missing something? Or is this not working on the Mac version. 

This is generally a function of the print driver, not the application.

Most of the drivers for printers that have duplexing capabilities have an option to select whether the page is flipped on the long or the short edge of the paper.

It is wrong to put the onus on the print driver.

I have a Xerox Phaser 6140DN and a Versalink C400. Both have automatic duplex. Both work well and as expected with all other programme I have from Apple, Microsoft etc.

On the Phaser 6140DN the print dialog in Affinity Publisher offers the option to print on two sides, but not how to flip the page. The second side is inverted.

With the Xerox Versalink C400 I am not given the option print on both sides. It is as if the printer does not have duplex.

It looks as if the problem is how you access the print driver and not the driver itself.

13 hours ago, Bigden said:

It is wrong to put the onus on the print driver.

It has no choice but to be on the print driver.

The application has no control over duplexing; that is a hardware-specific function that the driver needs to deal with.

This is the Print dialog from Publisher (a standard Mac print dialog):

626898517_ScreenShot2019-01-26at17_54_59.png.9db05a6748703cbacb9c323edb339188.png

Items in that popup menu that are above the top line are provided by the application (Publisher) if the application provides anything.

Layout and below are from the operating system or the print driver.

Here is Layout for my printer:

1324078547_ScreenShot2019-01-26at17_55_37.png.a0843bf1c506df32719e287d929bd1e5.png

The application has no real control over that; the OS and print driver provide that feature.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.