You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Edit>inpaint crashes .107

• Staff

Hey applewoodj,

Could you attach the image you're using please? I've tried it with a few raw files as well as a large stitched panorama and it's consistently working for me. Some work may have been done in this area so I'd like to make sure we haven't broken anything. 

I've tried this with various photos and the result is the same every time. I've also just tried simply making a selection and then inpaint, and the inpaint progress bar gets about 70% done, and the program just crashes. I tried the same images with 1.6, and it worked fine. The images ranged from small (300kb) jpg to an 11.1 mb RW2 file.

I'm on a macbook pro running sierra (10.12.6).

Using the inpaint brush works fine.

Hi applewoodj, I saw your post and was curious about your use of the Select >  Alpha Range > Select Partially Transparent as I have always used Select Fully Transparent, then Grow/Shrink to select some of the image.  

I tried your method and when I used File > Inpaint, Photo beta was crashing.  Repeated this several times

So i decided to use File > Fill >  Inpainting.  It did not crash.  Repeated several times with no crashing.

For Chris B, I am using and older iMac (27-inch, Late 2013  that does not support Metal.  Is there perhaps a problem with File > Inpaint?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.