You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

copy/paste data from excel/libreoffice add new column

I tested Excel 2007 and LibreOffice 6 with Publisher 1.7.0.227 beta with the same results

I selected part of excel table (2 columns, 10 rows) and copy/paste it to table of the same size in Publisher.

All cells were inserted ok but Publisher added one more empty column to the end of my table. Looks like a bug to me.

My problem is a little different.  If I try and copy and paste multiple rows, it drops the content into one cell.  If I select all of the cells first before trying to paste, it will not give me an option to paste!!  What am I doing wrong?

• Staff

Andyz if you have the caret inside a cell it will try paste all the content into that one cell, but if you select the table or the cells you want the data to go in you should get the behaviour you expect (ignoring the extra row/column due to this bug)

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

I am experiencing Andyz's first problem using copied cells from Google Sheets. No matter what I select in the table (or not select), all the columns paste into the first cell. Is this not possible with google sheets?

I don't have Microsoft Excel to test it.

Thanks

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.