You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Yes, of course, but divisions are unusual for me. I give you below two examples. First is from LibreOffice. Divisions are 13 - 14 - 15 (cm), then 135 and 145 are emphasized, and finally each millimeter is ticked. From Affinity, you get, for approximately the same zoom level, 120 and 140 mm marked, then 124, 128, 132 and 136 mm emphasized. Smallest tick spacing is 0.5 mm. It is even not possible to see a tick for 130 mm. We should have a mark for 130 mm, and then enphasisement for 125 and 135 mm, and finally each millimeter ticked. Of course this is desirable for metric scales. I am not familiar with inches scales.

Scale_LO.JPG

scale_Affinity.JPG

• 1 month later...

I strongly agree that this is strange, an very unorthodox.
Even though everything can be placed by numbers, this kind of division renders the rulers nearly useless for us meric guys and dolls.
One possible solution would be for the to have the option of deciding the division scheme. If not, it should be changed in accordance with Pierres suggestions.
Looking forward to get this implemented. Fine working area otherwise.