You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Workbook

Hello - I have the Affinity Photo Workbook (ISBN # 13:978--1-909581-05-0). The index in the back of the book has many errors pointing to incorrect pages depending on the topic. For example, VIGNETTE … The Index points to P.204. But on P.204 the topic is "Making edge detail pop", & "Tonal adjustments and finishing". The Vignette topic is actually on P.166. There are many other index errors, too many to list here. Is there a correction in place, such as a PDF file listing the indexes properly annotated? Thanks\Joe W.

Interesting question!

However, I think the apparent error re Vignetting is not actually an error!  If you look at the detail under Tonal adjustments and finishing" points 3 and 4 there is clear mention of vignette and vignette filter.

IOW, I suspect the index is "incomplete" rather than having "many errors".

However, I do agree that this incompleteness can lead to some degree of confusion, but I am unaware of any "corrections" being issued.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• Staff

Hi Joe,

I'm the editor of the Workbook so I thought I'd reply directly.

I'm a bit concerned about the many indexing errors you have encountered. I had a look at p. 204 and the vignette filter is actually mentioned at the bottom of the page so i'm happy with that. The other reference on p. 166 hasn't got an index entry so I will get that fixed for a future reprint.

If you're able to point out some of the other errors i'd be grateful. In the meantime, I'm going to have our QA team look at the indexing generally to spot any issues.  

Unfortunately we don't publish corrections for our workbooks.

Thanks for your feedback.

/AndyC