You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

You could add a frame text layer, add the notes to that & hide the layer, or in Affinity Photo you could add the notes to the Description field of the EXIF studio panel, but this is something better handled with a different app with DAM capabilities.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Adobe uses it's pdf-Notes in Photoshop (which also appear in pdfs exported from Photoshop). I utilize that feature a lot, e.g. with E-commerce images I process (to collect preliminary product data along with the stack of images). It would be very helpful if Serif hooked up a similar feature + there's a variety of 3rd party pdf editors which read and write such comments.

• 2 years later...

I'm here today looking for a similar "Notation" field.

I'm currently using Designer to create icons for my Loupedeck Live.

A couple of months back I had to perform a backup restore due to a browser plugin borking my system, I lost the first configuration I created (didn't know how to export the config at the time),  and I didn't save the individual images - I would just load them into LD as I created them.

This time around I've created a nicely organized Designer document, and I'm saving out all the individual PNG images!

The majority of the icons reference websites, or folder / file links on my computer - being able to save a snippet of text on a non-rendering "(sticky) Note" layer would have been perfect for saving the hyperlink associated with each icon.

Yes, I will use a hidden text layer to accomplish similar, but I'd request - please consider;  having say a small colored square icon at the end of a layer (similar to say the Lock symbol), could denote that some informative text is included for that layer - clicking it would pop up a panel revealing the text which can be selected and copied from, or edited.

This way I'm keeping all my icon information in one spot.

What prompted this was I noticed the LoupeDeck was missing an icon on the display this morning (I was doing some export testing and apparently I overwrote a newer version) - I have the icon, but now I have to find the link to that forum post again - having that sticky Note text, would have saved me here!

I'm adding this hyperlink information to my icons now...

Thanks for your consideration.

-Will

2 hours ago, WillBellJr said:

I'm currently using Designer

If you're using Designer, and Artboards, you can put notes in a text frame anywhere outside an Artboard, if that helps:

image.png.eb0ef1cd37b50534200312ace6fc7f72.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 3 months later...

The text frames aren't as handy as a proper note function. 

I would like to leave notes about where I'm up to / what to do next - so I can remember when I come back to a design. Plus it would be good for jotting ideas down etc 

It could be something very simple 

And maybe something with bullets / check boxes / bold etc. 

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
13 minutes ago, ziplock9000 said:

I currently have a use for notes too (text frames are not a good solution)

This thread is an archived thread for a Question about the V1 software.

The developers don’t, as far as I know, look here for suggestions about new features as V1 is ‘complete’ and won’t be getting new features.

Therefore, adding a new post saying that you want a new feature in this section of the forums is a waste of your time as it will probably be ignored.

If you want to ‘add your voice of support’ for such a feature in V2 then you need to find a relevant thread in the Feedback & Suggestions section of the forums, and ‘add your voice’ to that instead.

2 minutes ago, GarryP said:

If you want to ‘add your voice of support’ for such a feature in V2 then you need to find a relevant thread in the Feedback & Suggestions section of the forums, and ‘add your voice’ to that instead.

A direct link to that forum is https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/52-feedback-suggestions/

It might be a good idea to bookmark it if you intend to add more suggestions in the future.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7