You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fuji Opening Time (1.7.0.107)

Original opening time for my 50mb files Rafs was approx 5 seconds :D.

Now in latest Beta up to >10 seconds>:(.

Obviously I have changed nothing and 1.6 remains at >20seconds so still better but the trend is concerning!!

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

• Staff

Hey Sharkey,

I'm getting 4-5 seconds in build 107—I'm not sure we changed anything in 107 other than:
- Added support for CR3 RAW when using the Core Image engine.
- Fixed issues with some Fuji RAW files showing at the wrong size.
- Attempted to fix some Core Image RAW loading issues. (This could potentially mean speed.)

Are you using Apple (Core Image RAW) or Serif Labs as your RAW Engine? Can you upload one of your samples here, please.

Using Apple CIR..

The times have been varying a bit but now averaging just under the 10seconds.

Image on the way.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

• Staff

I'm still getting 5-6 seconds in build 106. The first RAW file takes closer to 9 seconds when the app first runs up but any subsequent images open under 6 seconds. I'm really not sure why this is taking longer for you.

I've tried it on a late 2013 iMac (I'm using a 2017 MBP) and it was taking 6-7 seconds on that but it was the same across both versions :35_thinking: 

Late 2013 MacPro/3.7Quad &24Gb ram +D300s.

Ive been saying for some time (multiple posts) that my Fuji files were not handled as well a my old Nef or Oly were.

106 was & is >10 seconds, more like 15-20 on occasions.

107 reduced this to <5seconds and the 0.107 iteration is now crept up to about 10 seconds.

Perhaps the processor difference is a reason for our differences but the time is still upwardly mobile on my machine regardless.

Always been unsure what my most effective settings are (unlike with PS that has guidelines). The opening times are my guideline, hence my contact on the subject. 

• Staff
59 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

Perhaps the processor difference is a reason for our differences but the time is still upwardly mobile on my machine regardless.

This is likely but the fact your opening time has doubled is strange. I've got some more poking to do on this...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.