Jak55

Affinity Publisher - lost Settings & Content after saving

Hy Forum

I created a new Document in Publisher. Its a Booklet with 15 Pages. It has mixed content like: Text, Pictures and Tables. I saved it yesterday evening as a PDF Document and as a afpub Document. Now i want to continue with my work, but i notice that all Tables arent Tables anymore (each cell is now just a rectangles with a text). All Text are splitted in x textfields, and all tabs in my textfields are gone... Can anyone help me with this? Do i need to recreate all? 

Best regards
Roberto

Sorry - I have no other thoughts on this. I assume this hasn't happened before with other documents. Maybe someone with more knowledge could look at your file. If you open the PDF file with this setting you might get the text to be usable but that won't help with tables I'm afraid. I hope someone picks this up because not saving reliably is a major issue.

image.png.0fb421c3c2411341583789430d0844d2.png

Windows 7 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

Thank you Mick!

It was the first time i created something with Publisher. I worked with Adobe-Products before. So i don't know if it's a onetime-problem or a persistent one. I will rebuild the whole file. and then retry to save as afpub. Will see what happens then.

See if there is enough history to go back to a point where they were still tables.

If you can find them, you might be able to copy them to the clipboard, come forward in time, and paste them back into the document.

Checking the history events might give a clue as to what happened as well.