You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Master Page and Layer Objects [1.7.0.227]

Thanks for the latest update....

Just been checking Master pages

I noticed that if you try to add/drag a 'free' object to a master page in the layers panel it can get stuck in the Master Layer

Simple test this one!:)

1. Create new page (ignored settings) so get A4 Facing Page
2. Add simple rectangle to Master A (should get applied to P1)
3. Select P1 and add another rectangle (Should give Layers with Master + Rectangle)
4. Drag rectangle into Master Layer...
5 Try to remove....I don't seem to be able to or hide with checkbox!

The added rectangle does not appear on Master A and you don't seem to be able to get rid of it in the layers

NB: also had a crash (APP) simply closed on adding rectangle to Page 1 in process..I tried to recreate it...but so far not happened again!...

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

It seems to work okay here. You need to select the Master Layer, set it to Detached, and then you can hide or delete it. Actually I didn't realise you could drag items on to a Master Layer within a page. I'm not sure why you'd want to do that but maybe someone can find a good use for it.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

Thank you for your replies...I think doing the Google Analytics course has clouded my judgement!O.o

I agree it would not be normal practice...but testing should involve attempting something that is not always normal..

I still see a couple of issues...one being is the fact that you can do it in the first place...I am sure it would have its uses...like a quick way to edit Masters ...but:
1. If you add layers/groups/objects from the Layers Panel onto a a 'Master Layer' it does not get flagged up on the Original Master Page you are enhancing... or even displayed on the thumbnail.
2. End up with a Pages Panel displaying the Name of the Master Page but is no longer the same Master Page (that you can duplicate in the pages panel)

3. You should at least get a warning that you doing something naughty!:)

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.