You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.227

Hello,

I finally after a week of trying to figure it out got 227 to work.  It has been as follows;

1) You must clear of all reminder for old Beta files, which includes all registry files as well.  You can't have any remainder of any 206 or it will not work!!!

2) Reset your graphics back to VGA.

3) Load 227

4) If successful load (took me two tries)... reboot the computer to a cold boot shut down to clear all memory.

5) Reboot, open 227.. walla.. it works.. but screen needs adjusted.

6) Adjust screen resolution to Full HD 1920x1280...

7... your up and running.

I am using a HP notebook at home.  I believe the problem has to do with the HP and its graphics. Hence why would it only work when loaded with VGA.  I had previously had graphics problems with other software, but what through me was that 206 was working fine with no load problems.  However when I wanted to load up 227 it would not load.  Hence the resolve above.

Thank you all for your efforts and suggestions.

Skyhigh

Publisher prompted me to do the update, and I got the SetUp Failed screen.  The old version does not appear to be installed any longer, I downloaded a fresh copy of 227, and that failed also.  I was hoping to create some ads today, but apparently I'll have to do them in PagePlus.  Any suggestions? 

(I did try the DPI settings thing, I don't have a hi-res screen so I didn't really think that would work, and it didn't.  I also tried re-installing 206, but no luck with that, either.)

Hello PaintedTiger, 

If you can not load 206 after trying to load 227, you have something stopping the load.  227 will load, however as I had to, you may have to  go line for line as I did and remove any sign of any and all remains.  This will take sometime to do.  I had also Designer and Photo on there too, where both were loaded and worked with successfully.  I had to clear out and reload because I cleaned out everything and anything, at which I first reloaded Publisher 227, got that working, up loaded to a higher resolution, where at that time checked that it worked.  After confirmation of 227 working, I did a reboot twice, where the first time the first one was only a restart (this does not give the capacitors enough time to totally clear which can hold memory in RAM)...this event did not load 227 (which I knew previous to work before the restart)... so I shutdown and went and got a drink and returned about a minute later, whereas I rebooted from “cold” boot, and 227 booted first time.  At this I reloaded Designer and Photo once again and now all three work.

I believe that the problem is within either in your registry, a file stopping the load from another app (however if you previously loaded 206 and have not loaded any new apps since, that this is unlikely) and the other thing that I tried too was to view the workings of the virus program firewall.  These are the only things I see as possibly stopping your ability to be able to load 227.

I hope this will be some help to you.

Skyhigh

Thanks, SkyHigh.  Digging through the registry is beyond what I want to do for this Beta.  I did try it again with the anti-virus deactivated, same Setup Failed.  I'll wait until they fix it, and continue on with PagePlus for now.

Edit to Add:  I made a comment over on Affinity's Facebook Page about this issue, and they suggested a reboot and then run the program file As Administrator.  That worked, I didn't need to do anything with the registry.

Edited by ThePaintedTiger
Add more information