You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.227

• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: 64 Bit Win 7 SP1 / Win 8 / Win 10 

Hi,

We are pleased to announce Affinity Publisher build 227 is now available as a manual download from the link above. We hope to put it on auto-update soon. Please note that due to reported issues, previous build 221 was not put on auto-update.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread.

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum

Many thanks for your continued feedback.

---

Updates and Fixes

Due to the recent changes in Master Page functionality we strongly suggest you backup any documents that are valuable to you before testing.

Snapping
Fixed crash placing objects with Snap to Baseline Grid enabled

Master Pages
Find and Replace improvements
Fix for drag drop image
Fix for TOC issues
Prevent linking frames between regular pages and master pages

Section Manager
(Mac) Fixed issue entering section name

Indexes
Don't extend to whole words when suggesting an index topic

Export
PDF Export now exports greyscale images as K-only
Added feature to recolour any image as K-only, and spot recoloured K-only images now export to PDF correctly

---

Earlier Release Notes Beta 211

Thanks for the new beta. Installed and runs.

Got one warning popup during installation that I've never seen in prior Affinity installs:
image.png.271d76f5c642d59504ab2ba501f821f9.png

Clicked OK and the install completed. No reboot needed.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Not your particular TOC issue fixed  it seems

On 1/22/2019 at 7:51 PM, mykee said:

Thanks, and I waiting a fix in future :) 

Guess you'll have to wait a bit longer then... ;)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Note that Windows SmartScreen wont let the installer run automatically.

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

I think it would be helpful to provide checksums so people will know they have a good install file.
These are the file hashes/checksums on the file I installed without any issues.

File: Affinity-Publisher-Beta-1.7.0.227.exe
MD5: 99bb4b44463bc0c02863a361c0e545bf
SHA-1: 914265c55ba3188704b453a47163db6c71cdd166
SHA-256: 38c26e4fddbd3acb9f4bdbf48f8290bfe89046b5008968fd006101277e53500a

1 minute ago, LibreTraining said:

I think it would be helpful to provide checksums so people will know they have a good install file.

On Windows you can check the file integrity via the Digital Signatures tab in the Properties dialog:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hello,

I just tried to install (4 times) 227 and it keeps failing with the same message each time. 

Now.. also my 206 will not start either which I am trying to do some work on.  It was running great until I tried to install 227.

Running Win10/64 16GB 1TB-SSD

Thank you,

Skyhigh

Affinty Pub Failure -01.jpg

"Setup failed" is indeed a pretty bad feedback for the user.

Something like "No write permission" or something that gives the user should be considered.

Even an error code would help users to google their problem.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

This beta won't even begin to load on my Windows 10 laptop (Version 1803. Build 17134.523). The setup screen doesn't even appear.  Just a blip appears on the Taskbar (that disappears in a second or so)  but nothing else?  Machine is an Inspiron 15 7000 gaming system; Intel I7 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, 303GB free HD space. 4K screen.

UPDATE: Just tried it again and it was successful after I did the following:

1. Right-clicked on the installer executable and selected Properties.

2. Chose the Compatibility tab and clicked on "Change high DPI settings" near the bottom.

3. In the new screen: Near the bottom, check the box for High DPI Scaling Override. "Scaling performed by: " Choose "SYSTEM (Enhanced).

4. OK your way out of the boxes.

After that, I doubleclicked the installer executable again and it ran/installed fine. SO - what we have here is a 4K scaling issue, guys. This beta don't like running on hi-def screens :D

1 hour ago, amccullg said:

After that, I doubleclicked the installer executable again and it ran/installed fine. SO - what we have here is a 4K scaling issue, guys. This beta don't like running on hi-def screens :D

Hi @amccullg,

good to read that you are up and running. My display has 3840x2160px resolution. Luckily I never had problems during the setup process of APub.

Perhaps it's not the 4K scaling on your machine but an additional graphics processor? I assume a gaming machine has an additional graphics processor?

d.

Update: I just noticed this post:

It seems there is a problem and a solution to it with resolution and scaling. May be related to your problem, too. Just that you managed to solve it in a different way :)

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

On 1/26/2019 at 3:41 PM, amccullg said:

This beta won't even begin to load on my Windows 10 laptop (Version 1803. Build 17134.523). The setup screen doesn't even appear.  Just a blip appears on the Taskbar (that disappears in a second or so)  but nothing else?  Machine is an Inspiron 15 7000 gaming system; Intel I7 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, 303GB free HD space. 4K screen.

2. Chose the Compatibility tab and clicked on "Change high DPI settings" near the bottom.

3. In the new screen: Near the bottom, check the box for High DPI Scaling Override. "Scaling performed by: " Choose "SYSTEM (Enhanced).

Thank you.  I was just about to post with this same problem, but your instructions solved it for me!

On 1/26/2019 at 12:41 PM, amccullg said:

Exactly my problem - which is now solved Thanks!

• Staff

@Susanrh

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

I am pleased you have a work around. This will be fixed by the next beta

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@honiglachs

If you are running with high level of screen scaling, please reduce to 200% or lower just to install the software, as the installer has a high resolution resource missing (sorry)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

10 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

@honiglachs

If you are running with high level of screen scaling, please reduce to 200% or lower just to install the software, as the installer has a high resolution resource missing (sorry)

Thanks - also for the proposed solution, but I have no monitor scaling enabled.

I tried it a third time yesterday and in the meantime I just deleted the program icon from the desktop, which did not find the * .exe after the update and moved the setup.exe from the previous beta version to an external HD ... suddenly it worked without problems! :35_thinking::D

ok, when you download the update, it erases the older program. so download the new version, restart your computer to rid it of all the stuff from the old version and install the new update. worked perfectly.

my original post I was pretty mad then thought to restart. duh.

So, now to deal with the program just shutting down when  trying to save as a pdf. It just quits. no error message. Just saving....then dead.

Now if I could only get the work around on how to save as a pdf to work. I've heard to change your default printer to pdf. I've had to do this before in psd. lets hope this works. I'm very disappointed I can't save as an indd file to send to a printer if I have to. could be a no go for me. hate to pay adobe but can't buy this one and pay adobe esp if this one doesn't work the way I need it to.

I've read you can open a pdf of an indd file. let's hope that works.

this should be the fix to installing the new update. worked fine once I restarted  my computer.

anyone else have a program with the program just stopping period for no apparent reason. It just ends. frustrating but doing all I can to not have to commit to adobe for a year in order to get a better price.

Edited by BettyA
I was mad, but then I found a way to install the update, still can't save a pdf.

• Staff
23 hours ago, Tom Schülke said:

Well as many others, i get Problems installing the new Build..  and also the last one..

EDIT:   Problem only was, i had los Admin rights on the new Computer...   they are back, and everithing is fine... 

So it was my foult.. not yours Serif...  

thanks.

Tom did you not get a UAC prompt or suitable error message?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I know I was not supposed to rely on Publisher for important files but I loved it so much and could use it on both my work mac and home pc that I did anyway. Now the new file for PC wont even load to install. I am freaking out - any hints of what I can do to get it? The last version will not work as it keeps telling me that that version testing is done and I have to get the new one. I don't want to go back to quark express please someone :)

I use windows 10 and downloaded the latest - I have redownloaded and tried 4 times. I click on it to open the .exe file and it shows the publisher icon then immediately disappears. That is all.