You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.227

• Staff

@nikki-slycatstudios

Welcome to the Serif affinity forms :) 

Please make a new thread about this if you can provide a file or recipe to help us track this down, or if you still need help getting going again.

It might be quickly worth resetting the program by holding CTRL when opening it, although be aware this will lose any customisations, also please ensure you are on the latest beta (.227 at the moment).

P.S. I have edited your username as we do not encourage email addresses visible in public.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 1/24/2019 at 11:59 AM, AdamW said:

Export
PDF Export now exports greyscale images as K-only

Unfortunately not :(

I have a grayscale JPG, the Resource Manager recognises its icc profile as "Schwarze Druckfarbe ..." (Black print ink) – but the resulting pdf shows content in all 4 channels.

The Resource Manager does not tell its color space correctly: instead grayscale it tells the documents color space - for any placed image.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

1 minute ago, Clanks said:

How long until release?  Need to make decision in our office on software.

Hello @Clanks we are not close yet !
So i would recommend you contact the sales team of Serif to know more.
I believe if they will direct you on how to buy, look like if you go for the perpetual license you have more flexibility on releases.

i just don't know if 1.6 license will work for 1.7, 1.8 or even v2 ... but it should if i consider the meaning of perpetual :D
So go the sales team route and ask, they will tell you what to do !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

24 minutes ago, Uncle Mez said:

I believe if they will direct you on how to buy, look like if you go for the perpetual license you have more flexibility on releases.

i just don't know if 1.6 license will work for 1.7, 1.8 or even v2

No one can bu Publisher yet, as it's not available in any form except the open beta.

When it's available for purchase, presumably it will be available on similar terms to Photo and Designer, where a license for version 1 covers all subsequent releases of version 1 (1.7, 1.8, etc.) for as many version 1 releases as Serif releases. But it will not cover version 2, whenever that arrives.

For business use, though, your advice is good to contact the Affinity sales team, as bulk licenses are available that may reduce a company's costs to license the Affinity software.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1