You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.227

• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: Mac OS 10.9 or above

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher build 227 is now available as a manual download from the link above. All being well we will put it on auto-update soon. Please note that due to issues reported, previous build 221 was not made available on auto-update.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread.

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum

Many thanks for your continued feedback.

---

Fixes and Updates

Due to the recent changes in Master Page functionality we strongly suggest you backup any documents that are valuable to you before testing.

Snapping
Fixed crash placing objects with Snap to Baseline Grid enabled

Master Pages
Find and Replace improvements
Fix for drag drop image
Fix for TOC issues
Prevent linking frames between regular pages and master pages

Section Manager
(Mac) Fixed issue entering section name

Indexes
Don't extend to whole words when suggesting an index topic

Export
PDF Export now exports greyscale images as K-only
Added feature to recolour any image as K-only, and spot recoloured K-only images now export to PDF correctly

---

Earlier Release Notes Beta 221

ACE stuff with the Black only and also the ability to colour up greyscale images as spots - I ran a few tests and it worked great - overprint works great, but even better, tried turning off overprint and used multiply and it works - it basically overprints spots with the added ability of being able to view the effect from within Publisher, I'm guessing adding any other layer effect will convert to cmyk on output, initially, I tried first using PDF/x 2001a which converted all spot coloured raster images to cmyk - but worked perfectly using PDF/x-4

ACE STUFF  

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

I have found that when you try to print N-Up in document layout of the printer interface, all is well unless you want to make the left, top, HGap, or VGap something other than a whole inch increment. When you click in the box to enter a number it goes blank and won't let you type anything. I was trying to make business cards. I wanted 10 up with a half inch gap at the top and bottom with a .75 inch gap on the sides. I couldn't find a way to enter those dimensions.

• Staff

@jaycanuck74

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

thanks for your kind words.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@soundmanbrett

Please report bugs in new threads as described in the opening post.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

5 hours ago, AdamW said:

Hi Dazmondo,

I assume you mean the spot on X-1a output was converting to CMYK only when you had the multiply. If so it's what I would expect as the output has to be flattened.

But does it really need to? It is a common effect.

capture-002489.png.38e39f25bcea227277b3405125f085a3.png

capture-002487.png.812a3cb9616990873b3219e724c53852.png

capture-002488.png.e028b43968eaff4c1e8493e32ff78ad1.png

• Staff
9 minutes ago, stephenwitwicki said:

When I opened Publisher this morning it said there's a new build available and to get it from the first post here. I'm on Windows (looks like I have 206) and the first post here says that 227 is just for Mac, is that correct? So am I up to date as far as Windows is concerned?

@stephenwitwicki

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

We put the new builds up here for forum users for a few days before they are on auto-update. If you want #227 just follow the link in the post and install over the top of .206

Once  we think the build is good to go onto auto-update we would push it to all users, but the build is the same build either way. Our logic is something like "if you can see the forum announcement you can read any caveats in the post. It can only go onto auto-update if it's good enough without any caveats. So last week's build .221 never made it onto auto-update as it had too many newly introduced issues

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

1 hour ago, stephenwitwicki said:

from the first post here. I'm on Windows

It sounds like they might have put the wrong URL in for the Windows update process.

This is the Mac version; the Windows version is in the Windows bug forum - you should be looking at:

Hi Guys

Thanks for this update. I tried to play with new method in master pages and it works good for me.

Just another question. Is there possibility to set default state for Text Style palette without predefined text & characters styles?

It's a bit annoying always erase all unwanted styles.

Also will be very useful to set and save a bunch of custom workspaces (opened just palettes you need) for specific task during typesetting. It's really time saving feature.

Neverthless good work!

iMac: 3,6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9 / Graphic: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB / System: Sonoma 14.1 (23B74)

Hello @AdamW the store link is failing to download again.
I've recently downloaded APhoto Beta and it was shared through the S3 link and even before that i did the ADesigner Beta and they both worked like a charm through the S3 link.

Okay maybe it works for some areas but please i would kindly ask you to make sure you share with both links "Store and S3" so we can chose from which one to download.
BTW ... have to go do my second try, first one stopped at 165Meg !

EDIT: i can see that the Store server now allow retry on failed downloads which is a great thing as my DM just took it from where it stopped and finished the thing !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

On 1/24/2019 at 11:59 AM, AdamW said:

PDF Export now exports greyscale images as K-only

Works fine here.
I'm now preparing the 2nd of invitations for a series of exhibitions with Publisher. Now with a b/w .tiff in the background. Good.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-28 um 11.37.58.png

On 1/24/2019 at 4:26 PM, AdamW said:

Please let us know how you get on!

Hallo AdamW,

in the version 1.7.0.226 I found a solution to place greyscale-images from Photoshop into Affinity Publisher, and then, after creating a PDF, to get real K-pictures!

Now, one day later, after updating to 1.7.0.227 the same document gives me instead of K-images pictured in CMYK.

What's wrong, how have I to proceed my work to get only K-images? Please, give me your statement in an easy understandable English!

Many thanks in advance

vinzent

Problem open PDF

Try to open PDF exported from Indesign CS6, 80 pages. Nothing happened, after a few minutes still nothing happened. Looking in the activity window showed me a very high use of memory. Almost red.

With the previous version of Affinity Publisher Public Beta no problem to open PDF.

Best Regards

nahoj

18 hours ago, vinzentalbertz said:

Hallo AdamW,

in the version 1.7.0.226 I found a solution to place greyscale-images from Photoshop into Affinity Publisher, and then, after creating a PDF, to get real K-pictures!

Now, one day later, after updating to 1.7.0.227 the same document gives me instead of K-images pictured in CMYK.

What's wrong, how have I to proceed my work to get only K-images? Please, give me your statement in an easy understandable English!

Many thanks in advance

vinzent

Hi, when you place an image on your document you have near the "replace image" button the "K-Only" button. You just need to have the image selected.

Hope that help.

Are you sure that the colour space of your document is set to CMYK, vinzentalbertz? Setting the colour space to RGB or Greyscale, for instance, will remove the “K-Only” button. :)

It should work nicely … :)