You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

If I leave my computer for an extended time and it goes into "sleep" mode, the image I was working on gets reduced and I can't seem to get it back to fill the frame when I go back into AP?? Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

image.png

• Staff

Hi cid69 :)

Could you please confirm, do you have a custom number set for Windows Display Scaling? Under Windows display settings you can change the scaling using presets (100%,125%,150% etc) or enter a custom value. What is yours set to please?

Are you running the latest version of Affinity? You can check this by going to Help>About and letting me know the version number. I've tried to replicate this issue here and I'm not seeing the same results currently.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Dan,

I am running AP 1.6.5.135 on Windows 10 with an i7 processor. My Windows Display Scaling is set to 125%. I will try and replicate again today to give you any more details I can.

Thanks in advance....

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that, I've tried replicate this using 125% and 135% (a custom scale) putting my PC to sleep and into hibernation whilst running Affinity Photo 1.6.5.135 and I can't currently replicate this unfortunately. Please do let me know if you are able to produce a replicable workflow here, apologies!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

Thanks for that, I'm still unable to replicate this so could you please upload a copy of your file to the following link? It may be document specific, rather than any image.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/UXTi5CLibOb5b2WMtVw9

Resetting your program to default settings may help here - You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video. https://vimeo.com/189596577

If this does not help, please can you open Edit>Preferences>Performance and change the Retina Rendering dropdown to Low Quality (fastest) Does this resolve the issue for you?