ffca

New Studio Panels unusable

When I try to open a new studio (panel), the panel opens in the center of my screen and so tall that I can't see the top of it. I can't grab it to reposition it anywhere. 

I've only tried this with Character and Isometric panels, they both do the same thing.

I'm on a Mac, 10.13.6

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 2.35.44 PM.png

1 hour ago, fde101 said:

While that is clearly something that needs to be fixed, as a band-aid in the meantime, you might want to check out Spectacle and see if that will help resolve this:

https://www.spectacleapp.com

I've found that useful from time to time in similar situations.

Hmm interesting, thanks for the link!

Hi ffca,

Are you using the 1.7.0.4 build at all? This was a known issue that got fixed in 1.7.0.4.

Could you first go to ~\Library\Application Support\ and zip up the 'Affinity Designer Beta' folder. If you could then attach that it would be very useful. Finally can you then try View > Studio > Reset Studio and see if that corrects them when opening them please?

Thanks!

@Sean P I am on 1.7.0.4, however your Reset Studio tip worked! It must have been picking up something from the prior installation that was fixed by the Reset. It's working now! Thank you