Marieinks

Assets panel not saving symbols

Hey so, i love designer it’s great but for some reason I’m having issues with the assets panel not saving the symbols entirely. It uploads fine, when i add asset from selection it appears whole in the panel, but when i try to inset it into a document (for a recurring pattern for instance), it doesn’t import/paste the entire symbol only partial layers. My layers are all grouped correctly, and I’ve used this feature before to create patterns and it works fine, but for some reason lately it won’t import the entire design symbol, and when i try to circumvent it by just copying and pasting from other documents the entire program crashes and it doesn’t save. The first photo is the symbol as it’s been saved in the assets panel and the second shows the assets panel with the symbol intact but the symbol as it’s inserted into the document is partial. Seems to be excluding the pixel layers. any tips?

BC37DECE-E3CE-4966-954B-112DBD69823D.png

F962DC92-38C9-4624-B9B9-54B7986CA0E4.png

Wow so figured it out although I’d love an explanation, turns out it removes the pixel layers when I try to import to a cymk doc instead of the rgb I created the symbol with.

On 1/23/2019 at 9:33 PM, Marieinks said:

Wow so figured it out although I’d love an explanation, turns out it removes the pixel layers when I try to import to a cymk doc instead of the rgb I created the symbol with.

Assets are supposed to be scalable without loss, to do so they can only contain vector shapes. Pixel shapes are not scalable so are likely excluded for that reason.

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 and Designer 1.6.1 on MAC Mojave 10.4 Beta, Affinity Photo 1.6.9 and Designer 1.6.3 on iPad Pro 9.7" IOS 12.1 beta 5, Affinity Photo 1.6.4 on Windows 10