You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New vector layer inserted above currently selected layer by default

I work in many, many layered documents, even within groups there are so many curve layers that make up objects. Having new vector layers added to the top of the stack inhibits flow as I have to drag it down everytime to where I want it. New drawing layers are added above the current layer so please could this happen for vector layers?

Thanks.

• 3 years later...

no answer to this request? I find it frustrating and inhibiting to work-flow as well. I am also using many layers and often need to insert something, sometimes the layer does for some reason insert above the one im working in but mostly it goes to the top and simultaneously collapses the layer tab meaning every time having to reopen the tab and have to find my place in the stack as well. Is there no setting/option for this?

You can copy a blank layer and then paste it at the exact position in the stack.
Use the toolbar "Insert…" buttons or "Layer > Insertion > …" for more pasting options.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2