Hi, 

I was wondering if it was possible when creating a path and then attaching a Text on this path to retrieve the original path. I can't seem to find a way to do it. This is really weird and frustrating. Many thanks. Nicolas

Can only be done in Designer. Photo doesn't have this option...

Affinity Photo  1.7.3.481   - Beta 1.8.0.486

Windows 10 Home  1903 (build 18362.418) - 64 bit processor - AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics  1.50GHz - RAM 8,00 GB
Calibrated Monitor (Datacolor Spyder5 Pro)

1 hour ago, HVDB Photography said:

Can only be done in Designer.

How? As far as I am aware, once a shape has been converted to a text path, there is no way to get the original shape back. You can edit the path with the Node tool, but it remains a text on a curve object.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2

Hi Affinity, thanks for getting back to me. It would definitely be good to know before converting it. How weird for such an intuitive software that allows me to have non destructive Pathfinder and masks. ;( well. Could you make it in the next beta?

One thing you can try (if applicable/possible) is going to the History panel, move the slider all back until you end up with the original path selected before the text was attached - perform a copy to the clipboard - and move the slider again to the right to rebuilt the entire project again up to the current point, then paste the path from the clipboard.

NOTE: be careful to NOT select anything/touch the canvas after you move the History slider back to perform the copy to clipboard operation - doing so will erase all the steps you have performed after that point forcing you to rebuild everything again by hand. Version 1.7 Beta does provide multiple history paths - preventing you from losing the steps in case you do some mistake.

I'm filling an improvement request for detaching the text from the path without going though all this. It's then up to the devs to decide if it's worth implementing it or not. Thanks for your feedback/report.