You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Import or Merge documents / pages?

I have two Publisher documents that I would like to merge, or certain pages (a whole document of regular pages, master pages or any variation) that I'd like to add / import from one into the other document.

Again, any variation on it being a full Publisher document, a PDF or just master pages, but I'd like some way to re-use master pages without having to do a document A copy, open Document B to paste, then back to Document A to copy next master and back to Document B to paste ... times however many master pages etc that I have.

Thanks!

Yes, this came up before and I still would like to have such functionality.

But in the mean time I learned it may be difficult because for example bleed is a document property and merging two documents with different bleed may destroy information.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

I would argue that if multiple documents are being merged, the bleed area of the final product should be the union of the bleed area of the individual documents, and the user can adjust from there as needed - that way nothing is lost.

If masters or pages are being "imported" from another document, the bleed area should obviously not be changed in the destination document, unless the user is given a checkbox when arranging the import to "expand bleed area as needed to preserve imported data" or something like that.

i would be happy with any restrictions, such as requirements for identical properties or somehow going through a sync up review, similar to when we import a file with missing fonts, and we have to select preferred font. Any restrictions really, almost, i could work around, if we could just import masters into other documents.

thanks for confirming that i'm not missing something obvious that already exists!