You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot change selected text's colour in a Master Page text frame on a Page. .221

Using the new (proper) Text Frames on a master page results in an inability to select some text and change its colour or put a stroke on it. I can change the font, weight, size and background colour but I cannot change the font's colour or put a stroke around it. The history studio records what I can change but not what I cannot even though the various colour studios show the new colours to be selected, even shows what I have chosen for the text's stroke colour and size. These values will carry over to a new text frame or artistic text. I can also change/over-ride all the paragraph settings from the paragraph studio.
I can only change the text colour if I change the master page setting from "Edit Frame Content" to "Edit Detached". 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi Old Bruce

With a text frame from he master you can change the typography properties but things such as fill colour are not changeable int he default mode. This is the same with things link tables and shape fills. Only certain elements are detached in the default edit frame content mode, the edit detached mode is there to allow you to edit all the properties of an object without it sync-ing back to a master page.

In short form this is intended

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

4 hours ago, Chris_K said:

In short form this is intended

Okay, I have to say it is an odd set of allowed/disallowed behaviours which were chosen.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Agreed.

The text color properties are not a property of the frame but of the text, so I would expect that to be considered "content" and thus be able to adjust it.

Even more strange is that if I create a character style that changes the text color and assign that style to the text it works, even though trying to change the color directly does not.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.