You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PagePlus X9 file problem

I use Page Plus 9 on a reserved computer running Windows 7. I have a very important .ppp file that I work on regularly but a few weeks ago when I tried to open it I received the message "this not a valid page plus file." I have tried different ways to open this file but each time the result is the same. Assuming the file had somehow become corrupted I tried  to open the original back-up file as I was quite prepared to re-do all the up-dates I have done in the last year - but I received the same message. I used my Page Plus disc to repair the installed software but with no success, I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the software but this has not resolved the problem. I have no problem opening my other .ppp files. 

If it was a corrupted file the original back-up should have been fine.

Is there a fix I haven't tried or anything else I can do?  

This set of forums is for the Affinity range of products from Serif. Their legacy products such as Page Plus are supported in a separate set of forums.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

@MikeDale317

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) These forums are dedicated to the Affinity range of software.

That sounds quite concerning I hope the backup file is not lost. The best place to get support on the legacy Plus range (like PagePlus) is the other Serif forums CommunityPlus ( http://community.serif.com/forum ) If you don't have one you will need to make an account to post there.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 4 months later...

I understand that this not necessarily a the forum for page plus. This is a realistic question for those of us who want to move from page plus to affinity. I hope that other responses are not that myopic. If that is the case, Serif can refund me my money now. I don't need individuals helping me that can't think beyond where they are and not problem solve.

John M.

• Staff
17 hours ago, jmigues said:

This is a realistic question for those of us who want to move from page plus to affinity. I hope that other responses are not that myopic.

Sorry that you seem upset. Walt Farrell is a customer/user so it is not appropriate to criticize his reply and I trust you meant mine not his.

The post by MikeDale317 was not about moving from PagePlus to Affinity. If it was on that subject I would have addressed it here. However there are real experts on the Plus range on the CommunityPlus forums and because the question was specific to that application he was advised with a reply of "how we support the legacy range". To give the full reply here would encourage users away from the expertise that exists including almost 10,000 PagePlus questions answered.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

As a user moving from Pageplus to Affinity I have a library full of existing pageplus files,so if you can import multiple document types ranging from Adobe to Microsoft why cant backward compatibility be included for Pageplus ??? 

• Staff

@Sivad, you will find the official answer in this popular thread pinned in the feature request area

@jmigues no problem at all.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd